The Calhoun Chapel is the older location of Muster Funeral Homes. This building was originally built as a private residence by John Henry Muster in the late 1860's and is one of the oldest original structures in Calhoun. It was purchased by the Muster Family in 1936 and converted into a modern funeral home. The building is a southern colonial style and is decorated with period family antique pieces.
The Calhoun facility has undergone many renovations and modifications in order to be the home that it is today. It is equipped with a formal funeral chapel with a seating capacity for more than 250 visitors in a church-like atmosphere. The head of the chapel contains a large hand-cut stained glass window that serves as a decorative back drop for all of our services. This chapel also contains a state-of-art video system that allows for a memorial video tribute to be included as a part of each service.
Our last major projects were the new family and visitor lounge and the increased parking area. The lounge area is conveniently located on the main floor of the facility, accessible to all family and friends, and contains a pictorial history of McLean County. Our family and visitor lounge has greatly increased seating and all the amenities of home, including a full-size refrigerator with ice maker, increased counter areas for family meals, and a new outdoor covered lounge. Adjacent to the lounge and formal chapel, we nearly doubled the size of our existing parking facility. This parking area is fully lit at night in order to provide a safe, friendly and convenient environment for family and friends.
Our entire facility was designed to serve everyone. It is completely handicap accessible and has all of the services of a modern funeral home with the added personal touches of a place that people are proud to call their home.
Click on the images below to take a virtual tour of our Calhoun Chapel or feel free to stop in for a personal visit.
Muster Funeral Homes, Calhoun Chapel | 300 Main Street | Calhoun,
KY42327 | Tel: 1-270-273-3124 | Fax: 1-270-273-5474 |